Thursday, April 30, 2009

Not all who wander are lost

At the back of the truck in one scene in the Wolverine movie, while Hugh Jackman was running around naked, I saw this sticker. Hey, I am a man okay, what need do I to concentrate on Hugh's butt. My wife was doing it enough for the two of us.

I googled it when I came back home and found that the wording came from a Tolkien, J.R.R. Tolkien, not Christopher Tolkien in Fellowship of the King. It must have slipped my reading as I have read it long ago and I usually skip the poem part of my Lord of the Rings triliogy book. Especially when there is some singing  or poem reading involve. You can google it yourself for the full poem or go buy the book. Mine is already too dogeared as I have it since secondary school.

It is a very powerful phrase that stuck with me because it is about travel and life all roll into one phrase. The word 'wander' does not necessarily mean you need to move somewhere. You can be at one place and still wander. Even if you are sitting down you can wander.

And wanders mean you are walking around with no real plan going anywhere.

As for me, why I love the phrase is of course my dream of wandering around the world one day with no real plan of going anywhere. With my love one...

No comments:

Post a Comment