Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Wildlife in Tanjong Jara

I woke up early on the second day of my weekend getaway last week and I was greeted with a few wildlife sightings that day. As the day progress, amazingly, the place is teeming with various wildlife which reminded me of the time I was living with my parents in another part of peninsular Malaysia. These sightings reminded me of my blog friends Ratty who runs the blog The Everyday Adventurer. In part, this post today is dedicated to him and I apologies beforehand of my failure to really get to know the name and nature of these animals.


 

 
A small frog known as banana tree frog at the resort's library
 
 
 
 
A small bird which was nice enough to pose for me early on the second day

Not really while as this monkey is brought to demonstrate 
how to pick coconut from its trees by one of the villager

 
A small monitor lizard roaming the ground of the resort
  
  
If you look hard enough, there are a few squirrels on the bamboo trees feeding on the saplings

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for dedicating this post to me. I feel greatly honored! The pictures are great. I love the way the frog is clinging to the wall. Birds are very difficult to get their pictures, so you did a good job. I always like seeing monkeys because we don't have them here. Same goes for the monitor lizard. And I think squirrels are still my favorite animal. The squirrels might be plantain squirrels. I identified one of them for somebody once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Ratty, more monkey pics!

    ReplyDelete