Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Staple diet

The problem with me is that I don't really like my country or most of Asian countries staple diet. It is not a problem in the current modern time as we can get any type of food anywhere in Malaysia as even our past time is known to be eating. Yep, that is what we do most of the time. Eat! We eat during all mealtime and we plan for the in-betweens. Heck, we are so into eating that other than golfing, most business deals are closed at the lunch or dinner tables.

Everyone will eat rice at least once a day in Malaysia. There are so many types of food made from rice. White rice. Rice noodles. Sushi. Tapas from rice. All sort of rice based food. I basically do not have this tendency.



It is not a problem in my household as my wife and I basically love eating out. My wife even had to look for other people like my mother, her's and her friends if she had the craving for real Malaysian food. As for me, I stick to my diet which can consist of bread, chicken which is cooked in basically any which way and meat. Once in a while, I eat like any Malaysian and have rice. It is even worse if my wife want those meals which have durian in it. She has to ask permission and look for other companions.

So, during this Ramadhan, while people line up for their favourite food which can sometime only comes out during this special month, I just eat whatever my wife cook or buy. Even my parents do that and does not bother with anything special. I eat what they eat. Unlike if any one of my brothers come home. Then all their favourites will be there. As they usually asked for it. 

There is no one meal is my staple diet, except maybe the chicken. 

How about you?

2 comments:

  1. Syazsy: seafood&spicy is a must ! :DDD

    ReplyDelete
  2. As moslem, I always keep my meal in order to stay fit during fasting. Good food, stay 100%

    ReplyDelete