Monday, May 25, 2009

How I wish I am at a beach now

I have actually planned a getaway with my wife during the weekend as I have been too busy with a lot of things at the office for the past 6 months. Although I am going away to Singapore for the Singapore Sale with my parents, siblings and of course, my wife, this coming 6 to 8 of June, I still want to have my beach break. I have a beach bum dream if I have not became a lawyer. Maybe I will still have the chance to weave it after the trip. The problem with me is, I hate to go holidaying while the school is on a break which is in a week time.

I love going to scuba diving site although I am not a diver. I have been to a lot of beaches and have been wanting to do it for some time again, but I am not really sure why I still not doing it yet. I think because of the work at the office which seems to pile up even though I have managed to finish it day in and day out. Of course, one of the best reason to go for a holiday is a quote I always heard said by those who said that, "Work will never be finished, so why wait for a holiday"

I bet that guy who was chosen as the winner of The Best Job In The World, is having the best time of his life. Getting paid to snorkel, scuba dive, blog and just sits there in one of the best beach of the world. In Malaysia, we have quite a few famous scuba diving sites such as Pulau Perhentian for the amateur and then there are those in East Malaysia like the Labuan Island, which has 3 to 4 shipwrecks. There is also the heavily guarded Pulau Sipadan in east of Sabah which was infamous for the kidnapping which had happened there once. It is safe nowadays and the Sabah government has also limit the number of people on that island at any one time.

How do you know whether a place is a great scuba diving site or not? If you do need reference, why don't you try the website Best Travel Destinations for Divers which has a list of all the best destinations for divers. Maybe you yourself will have an unforgettable beach holiday of your own....

Off the coast of Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, East Malaysia, during my trip last year


Pulau Perhentian, circa 2007. And yes, this was only snorkeling



Morning in Bali, circa 2004


Support My Sponsor Code Of Ethics

2 comments:

  1. Cik abang... go to a pristine, untouched one la. Some secluded island off the coast of Borneo perhaps. A shame you don't dive though... coz they are all diving havens.

    Anyhoos.. you have been tagged. Details on my blog. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course that was what I am wishing for

    ReplyDelete