Thursday, February 18, 2010

KUL - Phuket (HKT) - Phi Phi Island - Krabi (KBV) - KUL

Had a great getaway with my wife last week. We went to Phuket then to Phi Phi Island and finally to Krabi. We actually only transited less than 2 hours in Phuket as I booked an airport transfer to the Ratsada Pier immediately after landing at Phuket airport before we went off to Phi Phi Island.



And yes, I already know what Phuket has to offer as we were actually reliving our honeymoon in 2003 (Yes, we have been married nearly that long). When we went to Phuket and Phi Phi Island in 2003, we actually stayed in Phuket longer than Phi Phi Island and we actually love Phi Phi Island more. So, this is the reason for the trip. Of course, we also wanted to see what had the devastation the tsunami of 2004 done to the island.



So, I booked AirAsia as I want to have the flexibility of landing in Phuket, go to Phi Phi and fly off from Krabi (Malaysia Airline does not has any flight from Krabi). It was a great trip and we did not even went off the island the whole time although Maya Beach (of the Beach, starring Leornado DiCaprio fame) was just a hop away. It can even be seen from Phi Phi Don which is the island we were on.


It was a time where I will wake up at 7am, while it was still dark and walk along the beach, watching the sunset. In the three days we were there, I walked once alone and twice with my wife. Then, on the second day, I climbed a place they called the Phi Phi Island Viewpoint. The view was spectacular as you can see 2 sides of the island from that place and it look more like a dumbbell more than anything.


In that 3 days, I went up twice and my ankles were hurting, so I did what all who went to Thailand do. Get a massage....



Then, there were the seafood, which were so cheap....and fresh...





In short, we had a REAL holiday where we were cut off (by choice) from the real world, except when I was uploading pictures on Facebook, which you can access here.

Will post a few headings on things you can find in Phi Phi Island and wrap it with my 2 days 1 night in Krabi before flying off to Kuala Lumpur.

2 comments:

  1. My friend and I were enjoy very much our 4 night 5 days short trip in PhiPhi last week.
    Koh Phi Phi in Krabi is also the best choice for a tropical beach vacation and this is affordable
    and wonder place for enjoying holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your experience,
    this post was very helpful… Keep posting and good luck with your post!

    ReplyDelete